Doctor Who: Hell Bent S9E12 (TV)

I am giving this episode its own page separate from the rest of the show (which will eventually come...) because there were so many great quotes this episode. I'm just calling The Doctor by the actor's name, Capaldi, because their numbers are so tiresome and bland. Gotta say this episode was an emotional-roller coaster, but so full of good quotes



Clara (as waitress)- "You been traveling?"
Capaldi- "Yeah. From time to time."


Capaldi- "Every story ever told really happened. Stories are where
memories go when they're forgotten."


The General- "We could talk to him."
The President- "Words are his weapons."
The General- "When did they stop being ours?"


The President- "Who does he think he is?"
The General- "The man who won the Time-War sir."


Capaldi to The President- "Get off my planet."


The General- "Lord President. He's a war hero. Some of these men served with him."
The President- "These men serve me!"


The President- "You missed. All of you. Every single one of you! How is that possible?
What is it? Is the firing squad afraid of the unarmed man?!"

Soldier Gastron- "There was a saying, sir, in the Time-War. The first thing you notice
about the Doctor of War is he's unarmed. For many, it's also the last"


Clara- "Ooh. Ooh, That's weird. What's wrong with my ears?"
Capaldi- "Nothing."
Clara- "Ooh. It's weird everything sounds wrong."
Capaldi- "It's a side effect."
Clara- "I can hear you. I can hear you fine. It's like, but I don't know,
it's like, umm...something is missing?"
The General- "Doctor, we have to tell her. We always tell them."
Clara- "Tell me what? What's he talking about? Doctor..."
-silence-
Clara- "Doctor, what's going on?"
Capaldi- "Clara there's a sound you've been living with every day of
your life that you've learned not to hear."
Clara- "What sound? What's wrong? Just tell me! Doctor! What sound?"
Capaldi- "Your heartbeat." (pause for emphasis) "Your physical processes have been
time locked, frozen, between one heartbeat and the next. Even your breathing
is just a habit. You don't need it."


Clara- "You killed that man! You shot him! He's dead!"
Capaldi- "It was him or you."
Clara- "I don't care! "
Capaldi- "Yeah? Well, the difference is, when you die, you stay dead. 
Clara- "So does he!"
Capaldi- "We're on Gallifrey. Death is Time Lord for man flu!


Ohila- "Hope is a terrible thing on the scaffold."


The General- "Where can he run? 
Ohila- "Where he always runs. Away. Just away."


Capaldi- "At the end of everything we should expect the company of immortals,
or so I've been told."


Clara- "Tomorrow is promised to no one, Doctor, but I insist upon my past.
I am entitled to that. It's mine."


No comments:

Post a Comment