Trickster Series by Tamora Pierce


***Trickster's Choice***

“It’s hard living in the shadow of a respected woman.”


***Trickster's Queen***

“All life is a risk.”
“They’ve got the taste of hope in their mouths. That taste is dangerous.”
“It’s hard to ignore talk that’s just talk. It’s funny, though, how gossip can burrow under the skin. You can’t make it go away, and you can’t answer it. The target goes frantic trying to find out where it comes from.”
“He’s one of the few people who can keep up with me, and I with him. It’s a pleasant change from having to slow down to deal with most people.”
“Where everyone else sees a straight line, you see a maze, and when I’m done talking to you, the maze starts to make more sense.”
“I wanted to have something good to remember about today, something that isn’t petty or mean. Sometimes you have to provide such moments yourself.”
'“Duani, remind me to stay on your good side. You really know how to hold a grudge.”
“And she makes it painful.”'
“You know, my mother always told me you had to seize the bright moments, because you never know when they’ll come again. The older I get the smarter she seems.”

No comments:

Post a Comment